Friday, January 28, 2011

Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie

DSC03819Nothing like a good pot pie to warm you up in the dead of winter. I didn’t have a pie crust on hand, nor did I feel like making my own. So I was thrilled when I found this Better Crocker recipe for pot pie, topped with Bisquick mix.

This dish couldn’t be easier to throw together, with all pre-prepared ingredients, aside from mixing together the Bisquick mix.

Mr. Tote and I both loved the heartiness of this dish.  I particularly loved the easy prep. I’m not usually a big fan of using condensed soup, but you really cant’ beat the amount of time this takes to pull together… all of 5 minutes, plus the time it takes for the oven to heat.

16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables, thawed 
1 cup cooked chicken, chopped 
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup 
1 cup Bisquick mix 
1/2 cup milk 
1  egg 

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix vegetables, chicken and soup in a medium-sized, ungreased casserole dish.
Stir remaining ingredients in bowl with fork until blended. Pour over ingredients in casserole dish.
Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.

DSC03816



No comments:

Post a Comment