Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Golden Harvest

I've heard a lot about this restaurant from Matt and his friends, specifically those of the hippie variety. So when John and Kristen came into town from Denver for a wedding and stayed at our house, they were excited to go to Golden Harvest.

When we arrived, I saw a couple of folks sitting outside at tables and some on the curb. John walked in and then walked out. Apparently, the restaurant was at capacity and we had to wait our turn to get inside. As we waited, more folks showed up, walked in and walked out, some with fresh coffee when the emerged from the restaurant. We waited for around half an hour before it was OUR TURN to enter the breakfast joint. We sat down at a tiny table for four in the very corner of the restaurant.

This is the view from our table in the corner. There is a wraparound counter to the left, which looks directly at the grill. Straight ahead (by the TV) is the other corner of Golden Harvest, where the cash register is. I'd guess that the capacity of this place is no more than 35-40 people. As soon as one table got up, one of the few overworked, underpaid staff rushed over to wipe the table down.

I followed the hippie's recommendation (thanks, John!) and got the mild breakfast burrito. I was tempted to get the tomato, basil, mozzarella omelette, but went with the professional's opinion.

Taken from the Golden Harvest MySpace page, this breakfast burrito contains "Homemade Sausage, Grilled Onions & Peppers, Pepperjack Cheese, scrambled together and wrapped in a fresh Flour Tortilla. Served with sour cream and our Award Winning Homemade Salsa." This tasted fantastic, but there was no way I could finish it.

I'll definitely go back to Golden Harvest... sometime.... when I'm not too hungry since it took about an hour and a half to get our food from when we first arrived at the restaurant.

And now, the sign that caught my eye...

Bahahahahahah!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. I like when you twitter that you blogged. It reminds me to check it! Looks like a cozy place to eat. Is it ever NOT busy?

    ReplyDelete