Friday, October 15, 2010

Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies

DSC03055Eureka!!! I think I may have found my new go-to cookie. Mr. Tote and I seriously CANNOT stop eating these. I love to make cookies, but I usually one eat one or two and give the rest away to family and friends. Not these babies!! I’m kicking myself for giving half of them away before tasting one.

I found a basic white chocolate chip cookie recipe on allrecipes.com and modified it based on user comments, along with adding hazelnuts.

I was surprised that they didn’t settle into flatter cookies, like most other recipes. However, I think that’s what makes them extra yummy! The outsides are slightly hard and the insides are super moist and chewy.

I am seriously going to be making these again and again and again.

1 C butter, softened
2/3 C white sugar
2/3 C brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 C all-purpose flour
3/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 C white chocolate chips
1 C chopped hazelnuts (sometimes called Filberts at the store)
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth.

Beat in the eggs, then stir in the vanilla.

Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Stir into the creamed mixture.

Fold in the white chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts. Using a tablespoon measurement, form the dough into balls and place onto greased cookie sheets.

Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies are set. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes about 40 cookies.

DSC03061



1 comment:

  1. FIRST of all, LOVE the new look! Secondly, these cookies look heavenly and I simply MUST try them!!!

    ReplyDelete