Long overdue, like most of my other upcoming posts…
This recipe has made its way around the blog world five thousand times. Like many others on my “Favorites” list of links, I’ve had this recipe bookmarked for quite some time. Originally from Kraft foods, I fell in love with the pictures that Heather over at Heather Drive took. So I’m linking to her post of this recipe.
- 1 package (1 lb., 2 oz.) Oreo cookies
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk OR 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1/2 lb. milk chocolate candy melts
- 1/2 lb. white chocolate candy melts
1. In food processor, grind Oreo cookies until completely crushed.
2. Place crushed cookies into a large bowl. Add condensed milk or cream cheese, stirring until combined. The cookie crumbles should all be moist so that they easily stick together.
3. Shape cookie mixture into 1-inch balls. Lay cookie balls on cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Place into freezer for a few minutes to harden.
4. Dip cookie balls into melted chocolate, and return to wax paper to dry. Drizzle with additional melted chocolate or candy melts for decoration (if desired).
If you use the cream cheese version, truffles must be kept in the refrigerator. Recipe yields approximately 30-50 truffles, depending on size.