Monday, March 7, 2011

Pork Roast

Let me just preface this post by saying that this roast was so good, I totally forgot to take a picture of it.

2-3 lb pork shoulder or butt roast
1 onion, coarsely chopped
Handful of baby carrots
3-4 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped (you could certainly use dried rosemary in a pinch)
1 clove minced garlic
1 C orange juice
1 Tbsp orange or apricot marmalade
Salt & pepper, to taste
Cooking spray

Wash and trim the roast before placing into a slow cooker that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. Place the veggies around the roast before adding the rosemary, garlic, orange juice and marmalade. Season with salt & pepper. Cook on low 8 hours.

I can’t believe how amazing this turned out, for the five minutes it took me to prepare. The sweetness of the orange juice and marmalade complemented the pork perfectly and the rosemary added so much flavor to the dish.



1 comment:

  1. Katie this sounds amazing! I just joined Weight Watchers so unfortunately I might not be able to eat this but my hubby will love it!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete