Friday, October 2, 2009

Showdown in East Lansing

My friends, the time has come. Tomorrow marks the 102nd meeting of the Michigan State Spartans and the University of Michigan Wolverines. To say that this game is monumental wouldn't do it justice. Michigan leads the all-time series 67-29-5. I could go on and on about the arrogance of U of M fans, but I won't stoop to their level. So what if 80% of their fans never went to school there. Aaahhh... I digress.

So I leave you with some of my favorite pictures from my time at and after Michigan State. Yes, I actually WENT to the school I cheer for. Class of 2004. GO GREEN. GO WHITE.

The band. Don't be embarrassed if you tear up watching them. Happens to me every time...

Justin Abdelkader of the Detroit Red Wings (and Spartan alum) brought the Stanley Cup to campus in 2008.
Giant Jenga at 447 Spartan Street, where our friends live.
What's that? Tickets on the 50 yard line?? Yes please!!
Random tailgating...


Tickets at the LaSalle Club... best seats in the house.

We got there early enough to see the team have a pow-wow on the field before suiting up for hte game.
It was so quiet and peaceful...
Dad, Mom, Mr. Tote and I with my other boyfriend, Sparty.
Some pictures from our wedding day. We bounced around campus after getting married at the MSU Alumni Memorial Chapel.My green and white garter with Sparty charm on the bow.



1 comment:

  1. I'm not really sure you're a Spartan fan. JK! Go green! Go white!

    ReplyDelete