Sunday, February 21, 2010

Crockpot Turkey Chili

1 lb. ground turkey

1 small onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 small can tomato paste
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp cumin
1 can red kidney beans with liquid
1 28 oz. can peeled whole tomatoes with juice
1 C frozen corn

Start by browning the turkey with the onion in a large saucepan.

Meanwhile, dump the whole tomatoes with juice into a blender and blend until most of the chunks are removed.

Now, here’s the tough part… Dump everything into the Crock Pot. Be sure to incorporate the tomato paste into the rest of the ingredients.
Cook on low for 6 hours.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Katie--I tagged you on my blog! :) Happy Happy Joy Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds similar to the chili I make but I don't use ground beef instead of turkey and I don't use corn. May have to try this to mix it up a little bit.

    ReplyDelete