Saturday, September 12, 2009

Low-Fat Zucchini Bread

I love zucchini and summer squash in all of its forms. Sauteed, grilled, stir fried, etc, etc. I especially love it in zucchini bread. So I was thrilled when I found this recipe from recipezaar.com. I made some modifications, based on the recipe reviews. This bread turned out excellent with lots of flavor and lots of moisture. My modified recipe is below.

1 ½ C sugar
¾ C egg beaters (or equivalent of 3 eggs)
3 C flour
2 C shredded zucchini
1 C shredded carrots
¼ C vegetable oil
¾ C no sugar added applesauce
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp cinnamon
½ tsp allspice
1 tsp nutmeg
1 ½ Tbsp vanilla
1 C chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Grease 2-3 loaf pans, depending on the size of your pans. I used my Pampered Chef stone loaf pan and a 6” disposable loaf pan. It’s important not to overfill the pans. I filled mine about 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Cool on a baking rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment