Monday, February 23, 2009

The 10 Healthiest Foods You've Never Tried

While perusing my daily Hungry-Girl.com email, I came across a great article from ABCnews.com that highlights ten foods not commonly eaten by Americans that are total nutritional powerhouses. Here's the list, followed by the link to the full story:
1. Kiwi
2. Broccoli rabe
3. Brazil nuts
4. Edamame - I am in love with this stuff!
5. Red lentils
6. Quinoa
7. Canned salmon
8. Prawns
9. Whole grain and multigrain pastas
10. Pomegranate

Link to story: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/WellnessNews/Story?id=6813099&page=1

It's so much fun to see the amazing nutritional values on some of my favorite foods, but I have to ask... Where's the kale???? Jen over at Living in the Heartland raves about it and has made me a complete fan of this delicious, nutritious stuff, as well. I think I need to write ABC...


2 comments:

  1. I also love edamame! I usually just steam it and eat it as a snack. I haven't found too many ways to cook with it...plus my husband is anti-all things healthy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the least healthy eater ever and I've had 7 of those 10 things. Either Go ME! or ABC needs to do a little better research into foods we "haven't" tried :)

    ReplyDelete