Monday, February 9, 2009

Oven Baked Parmesan Tilapia with Dill Tartar Sauce

So, I am trying to branch out and create more of my own recipes instead of duplicating ones found online or in cookbooks. I browsed a number of tilapia filets today and came up with the recipe below. I am trying to incorporate more fish into our repertoire of meals and Matt has been somewhat leery of the dreaded “fishy” taste. Well, he loved the fish tacos and this one definitely passed the test, too! This fish was delicious and we both loved the intense flavor of the parmesan cheese with the seasoned bread crumbs. We can’t wait to make this one again!

1/2 lb tilapia filets
1/4 C all purpose flour
1 Tbsp caribbean jerk seasoning
1 egg
1 Tbsp milk
1/2 C seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 Cparmesan cheese
1/4 C lite Miracle Whip
2 tsp dill weed (fresh or dried)
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
Juice of one lime

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a small dish, combine with Miracle Whip, dill, mustard and lime juice. Place in the refrigerator to let flavors meld together.

Wash and pat dry the fish filets.

In one bowl, combine the flour and caribbean jerk seasoning. In another, combine the egg and milk. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.

Dip the fish in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, then the bread crumb mixture and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until fish is flaky.

Serve with the dill tartar sauce and sides. We served this with sliced redskin potatoes and cauliflower.


2 comments:

  1. That looks really tasty! I'd like to eat more fish, but I, too, have a hubby who doesn't love it. I've just recently really gotten into cooking new things, so hopefully soon I'll be able to make up my own stuff!

    ReplyDelete