Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lemon Basil Bowties with Chicken

Oh.My.Gosh. This pasta dish tasted AMAZING! I saw this recipe over on Chelsey's blog, originally from Rachael Ray. Seriously, this tasted SO GOOD! I added chicken to make it a one-dish meal. I also threw all the ingredients into my WW online recipe builder to figure out the points per serving. I can't wait to make this dish again!

2 1/2 cup(s) bowtie pasta
Zest of 1/2 to 1 lemon, plus juice
2 tsp olive oil
4 oz Chicken breast, skinless, boneless, raw, cubed
2/3 cup(s) 1% low-fat cottage cheese
1/4 cup(s) pine nuts, toasted
1/4 cup(s) fresh basil, roughly chopped

Cook the pasta in a large pot with 1 tsp olive oil until al dente.

In a saucepan, roast the pine nuts until golden brown. Remove the pine nuts. Add 1 tsp olive oil, the cubed chicken and lemon juice to the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste and cook until chicken is no longer pink.

Strain the pasta and return to the pot. Add the cottage cheese, toasted pine nuts, lemon zest, basil and chicken and stir until all ingredients are incorporated and the cheese is starting to melt. Serve immediately.

WW Points per Serving (half of recipe): 11 points


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this recipe using basil - I have way too much basil and need to use it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you got your 3 column layout working! :) It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious and would be a great, quick meal on a day when you want to stay outside.

    ReplyDelete